CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Servo motor keeps running. (urgent help required)

on 2004-01-16 03:45:52 UTC
I connected the Enc- on the Gecko to the encoder ground along with
the external supply ground, and it all went great, now I have my
motor running and can control it from Mach2.
Thanx for the input guys, Mariss you're the best.

Best regards,

Mina F.
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "mina_aboulsaad"
<minaf@l...> wrote:
> Great Mariss, I'll give it a try and I'll keep you posted, hope it
> works.
>
> Mina F.
>
> --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Mariss Freimanis"
> <mariss92705@y...> wrote:
> > Encoder CHA ------------>G320 Phase A
> > Encoder CHB------------->G320 Phase B
> > Encoder +5V------------->Power supply +5V
> > Encoder GND------------->G320 ENC-
> > Encoder GND------------->Power supply GND
> > G320 ENC+----470 ohm---->G320 ENC-
> >
> > Mariss
> >
> > --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "mina_aboulsaad"
> <minaf@l...>
> > wrote:
> > > Mariss,
> > >
> > > I did not connect the Encoder ground to the Gecko 320 Enc-, it
> went
> > > to the external supply -0VDC, while I connected a 670 ohm
> resistor
> > > from Enc- to Enc+ on the Gecko, should have I connected the
> encoder
> > > ground to the Gecko and only got the +5VDC line from the
> external
> > > power supply???
> > > I tried doing the test for the encoder mentioned in the G320
> > > installation notes, but the voltmeter kept reading 8.9 VDC,
and
> > > wouldn't change while rotating motor shaft.
> > >
> > > Please advise.
> > > --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Mariss Freimanis"

> > > version
> encoders
> > > draw
> wiring,
> > > and
> > stop.

Gecko.
> > > Gecko.
> VDC
> > > power

> > > power
> jog
> > > the
> lamp
> in
> > > the
repeatedly
> but
> > > the

> > > always
> > > direction
> > > other
> the
> there

Discussion Thread

Mina Aboul saad 2004-01-14 13:05:30 UTC Servo motor keeps running. (urgent help required) David Paulson 2004-01-14 13:26:43 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Servo motor keeps running. (urgent help required) Mariss Freimanis 2004-01-14 13:27:16 UTC Re: Servo motor keeps running. (urgent help required) james_cullins@s... 2004-01-14 13:45:08 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Servo motor keeps running. (urgent help required) mina_aboulsaad 2004-01-15 00:54:03 UTC Re: Servo motor keeps running. (urgent help required) Mariss Freimanis 2004-01-15 08:06:12 UTC Re: Servo motor keeps running. (urgent help required) mina_aboulsaad 2004-01-15 08:54:00 UTC Re: Servo motor keeps running. (urgent help required) Jon Elson 2004-01-15 08:54:39 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Servo motor keeps running. (urgent help required) mina_aboulsaad 2004-01-16 03:45:52 UTC Re: Servo motor keeps running. (urgent help required)