CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Spindle and Dust Collector on/off with Mach2

Posted by ballendo
on 2004-01-16 09:10:05 UTC
Hello,

Looked ahead, doesn't seem anybody answered your questions...

M03(On CW), M04(On CCW), M05(Spindle Off) Can also use M3, M4, M5, as
the zeroes are optional.

Yes you could use the coolant codes M7,M8,M9 for your dust collector.
Just set up the pins correctly to coincide with your electricals in
the Mach2 setup. M10 and M11 (axis clamp) are another choice, if you
want to preserve the ability to use coolant at some later date.
(Remember that AIR can be a coolant; we tend to only think of
liquids, and many commercial routers use compressed air pointing at
the router bit to help keep things cleaned up. Useful to implement in
some hobby wood ar plastic cutting setups...

Hope this helps,

Ballendo

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "whynot06110"
<whynot06110@y...> wrote:
> My first relay is to on/off my porter cable router (spindle), and
> the second one is to on/off my dust collector.
>
> 1/ How Mach2 manage the on/off of my spindle ? What is the
> G&M-code I have to use ?
>
> 2/ How Mach2 manage the on/off of my dust collector ? What is
> the G&M code I have to use ? Can I use the coolant G&M-code in my
> CAM software ?
>

> Thanks for your help

Discussion Thread

whynot06110 2004-01-12 11:07:14 UTC Spindle and Dust Collector on/off with Mach2 ballendo 2004-01-16 09:07:53 UTC Re: Spindle and Dust Collector on/off with Mach2 ballendo 2004-01-16 09:10:05 UTC Re: Spindle and Dust Collector on/off with Mach2 JanRwl@A... 2004-01-16 13:51:37 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Spindle and Dust Collector on/off with Mach2