CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] How to build a CNC rotary table

on 2004-01-30 14:37:51 UTC
Hi Jamie,

Sure! I think Tony Jeffree builds the rotary table as well! He has a
DivisionMaster.

http://www.jeffree.co.uk/ModelEngineering.html

OR, you could run it with TurboCNC an a single axis driver from Xylotex
on a laptop or PC.

http://www.xylotex.com/

The controller for the rotary table is also available from Sherline, and
would run a 200+ oz/in stepper, maybe more. Contact Bryan Mumford:

http://www.bmumford.com/index.html

If you think you might go CNC later, then Xylotex and TurboCNC would be
a good start!

TurboCNC (and probably most controllers) do not operate "just like the
Sherline", but with simple MDI commands, (which can be saved) the table
can do anything you want.

I've even added a screen to my own controller, STEP4, that does the math
for dividing rotations (or parts of travel) into a number of stops.

I can cut gears and pulleys with a program I wrote to generate the Gcode
(Pulley, it's in the files).

What's your application?

Alan KM6VV

emotorwerks wrote:

> Has anyone added CNC capability to an import 6" rotary table? I like
> the idea of having a setup similar to the Sherline rotary table where
> you can enter data through a keypad device. I guess I could also
> interface the stepper motor with a PC and use software to control the
> table. Has anyone done this before? I have not taken the leap to
> converting my mini mill to full CNC yet but maybe someday. For now I
> just want to do the rotary table. I saw the pictures of K8JBL's
> rotary table, that looks like what I want to do.
>
> Thanks,
> Jamie

Discussion Thread

emotorwerks 2004-01-30 13:24:10 UTC How to build a CNC rotary table Tony Jeffree 2004-01-30 13:37:18 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] How to build a CNC rotary table Alan Marconett KM6VV 2004-01-30 14:37:51 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] How to build a CNC rotary table wanliker@a... 2004-01-30 14:57:32 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] How to build a CNC rotary table stevenson_engineers 2004-01-30 19:01:21 UTC Re: How to build a CNC rotary table