CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Pulsing circut

Posted by caudlet
on 2004-02-17 11:11:44 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, David Paulson <stlspply@s...>
wrote:
> Hi
> I am in the process of constructing a rotary table for use with my
> welding robot. I have a large (36" dia) cnc rotary table that I
had
> purchased on ebay. It has a 140v DC servo mounted on it for the
> movement. I have purchased a AMC brush type dc servo amp that has
> step (com, +10v) and direction (com, +10v) pins. My idea was to
> program a plc with the required foot switch and two limit switches
(one
> for each position of the table) to control the servo amp and
communicate
> with the robot controller. I chose to power the servo though the
servo
> amp because when power is removed from the step pin, the motor will
stop
> instantly, but the problem is the speed at which the table turns.
The
1
> 1/2" before the position limit switch and to send a pulsing circuit
> the servo amp to effectively slowing down the motor so that the
position
> limit switch can more accurately sensed. Does this make sense to
> anyone? So my question is, does anyone know how to build such a
> circuit, possibly using a pot to adjust the frequency of a +10v
pulse.
> Thanks
>
> David Paulson

build an AND gate so that the limit switch stops the step pulses. a
simple transistor and two diodes with both anodes tied to the base of
the transistor through 4.7K limit resistors will work with the logic
so that the collector goes low only when both of the cathodes are
high. Either cathode low means no steps. The limit then is
connected to one cathode so that on activation it goes low. You will
need a bypass switch to be able to move the table off the limits.

A really good wide range pulse generator using a single pot for
frequency can be built using a CMOS 4060 PLL chip. I have an old
schematic somewhere that uses a joystick to control a two axis
pulsing engine with a wide pulse range. I can dig it out if you are
interested. It would be easy to build in an inhibit that stops
pulses when you hit a limit. With a foot reostat you could control
speed. If you could rig a foot "joystick" you could control both
speed and direction.

Tom C

Discussion Thread

David Paulson 2004-02-16 09:54:49 UTC Pulsing circut alex 2004-02-16 10:04:14 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Pulsing circut caudlet 2004-02-17 11:11:44 UTC Re: Pulsing circut Roy J. Tellason 2004-02-17 13:08:38 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Pulsing circut caudlet 2004-02-17 15:43:22 UTC Re: Pulsing circut Roy J. Tellason 2004-02-17 21:38:14 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Pulsing circut ibewgypsie 2004-02-18 02:38:12 UTC Re: Pulsing circut