CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Pulsing circut

on 2004-02-17 21:38:14 UTC
On Tuesday 17 February 2004 06:43 pm, caudlet wrote:
> > I would be interested.
>
> Yep, 4046. The VCO in the chip offers a 1000:1 or better sweep range
> versus the 555 and is linear with voltage.

I've never really done much of anything with that part.

>You can scale the sweep range with changing one value of resistor. I dug
> through my old files and posted it over on the DIY-CNC group since the files
> section has been closed on this list to new uploads.

That stuff is downloading as I type this. :-)

> The circuit has relays so that pressing the "fire" button on the joystick
> switches from computer control to manual control. The direction of any two
> axis is controlled by the quadrant position of the joystick. The speed is
> porportional to the amount of deflection on the joystick. There are
> three ranges of speeds from very slow to fast. I actually had a PC
> board layout and was ready to add this to my mill when Art put
> joystick control into MACH1. It was simplier just to use the PC in
> manual mode to move the motors. It has accel and deaccel and a
> joystick deadzone in the center to kill pulses when the stick is
> within a few degrees of being centered.

Sounds pretty nifty...

> My circuit would make a fun joystick controlled plotter/drawing
> machine (NC etch-a-sketch).

Yeah.

> I added two more files that simplify the circuit and a text file that
> describes how it works.

Gettin' 'em all!

> Have Fun!

If nothing else I should learn something from studying this stuff...

Discussion Thread

David Paulson 2004-02-16 09:54:49 UTC Pulsing circut alex 2004-02-16 10:04:14 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Pulsing circut caudlet 2004-02-17 11:11:44 UTC Re: Pulsing circut Roy J. Tellason 2004-02-17 13:08:38 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Pulsing circut caudlet 2004-02-17 15:43:22 UTC Re: Pulsing circut Roy J. Tellason 2004-02-17 21:38:14 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Pulsing circut ibewgypsie 2004-02-18 02:38:12 UTC Re: Pulsing circut