CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Where are the circles coming from?

Posted by alenz2002
on 2004-02-26 00:27:50 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "markdickens2000"
<markdickens2000@y...> wrote:
> I have a CNC Jr. that I am just starting to get going. This is my
> first CNC machine and CAD/CAM exposure. When I run a program I get
> arbitrary circles and Z axis movments. The tech support prople at
> Bobcad tell me I need to convert the drawing to metric before I
> crate the NC file. Does this make sense?

This can happen if two lines that are supposed to be connected
actually have a small gap between them. It may be too small to see on
the drawing, but your CAD/CAM will see it. You might zoom in enough
to confirm this. The solution is to always use the 'snap' property
(or an equivalent depending on your software)to join lines. The tiny
gap causes the Z to jump up and down with no apparent X-Y movement.
And sometimes when the lines don't line up exactly it may try to
connect them with an arc, and for some reason takes the wrong way
around, thus the small circles. And no it doesn't make sense that it
is the units.
Hope this helps,
al

Discussion Thread

markdickens2000 2004-02-25 22:08:13 UTC Where are the circles coming from? alenz2002 2004-02-26 00:27:50 UTC Re: Where are the circles coming from? Raymond Heckert 2004-02-26 19:44:28 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Where are the circles coming from?