CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Reinstall ball bearings in linear guide

Posted by Ed Fanta
on 2004-02-26 05:22:20 UTC
kepello wrote:

> I have stupidly moved the carriage past the end of the rail and a
> few ball bearings fell out. I need to put them back, I am sure.
>
> I have tried in vain to locate any information on the net about how
> to do this and thought I should have some information before I
> blindly try this...

Probably the simplest is to shake them all out onto a large CLEAN sheet
of paper and start over. Shake out the balls, remove the ball guide(s),
slide the nut back over the screw and start stuffing the balls into the
holes for the ball guides, when it is full put the rest into the ball
guide. If it is a dual circuit( two ball guides) use half in each side.
A small punch and rotating the screw a little at a time will get you
there, don't be scared of it and don't loose any of the balls. Use a
heavy oil or light grease to hold the balls in the ball guide. Good
luck, it ain't that bad. Ed.

Discussion Thread

kepello 2004-02-25 22:07:35 UTC Reinstall ball bearings in linear guide Ed Fanta 2004-02-26 05:22:20 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Reinstall ball bearings in linear guide tsomer2003 2004-02-26 09:02:37 UTC Re: Reinstall ball bearings in linear guide