CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Reinstall ball bearings in linear guide

Posted by tsomer2003
on 2004-02-26 09:02:37 UTC
Did you try hunting them down with a magnet? I've done that, and
retrieved all but one or two. You may be able to get replacements
from macmaster-carr.

I'm just letting the carriage go for now and its doing okay.

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, Ed Fanta <atex57@m...> wrote:

> kepello wrote:
> >
> > I have stupidly moved the carriage past the end of the rail and a
> > few ball bearings fell out. I need to put them back, I am sure.
> >
> > I have tried in vain to locate any information on the net about
how
> > to do this and thought I should have some information before I
> > blindly try this...
> >
> Probably the simplest is to shake them all out onto a large CLEAN
sheet
> of paper and start over. Shake out the balls, remove the ball guide
(s),
> slide the nut back over the screw and start stuffing the balls into
the
> holes for the ball guides, when it is full put the rest into the
ball
> guide. If it is a dual circuit( two ball guides) use half in each
side.
> A small punch and rotating the screw a little at a time will get you
> there, don't be scared of it and don't loose any of the balls. Use a
> heavy oil or light grease to hold the balls in the ball guide. Good
> luck, it ain't that bad. Ed.

Discussion Thread

kepello 2004-02-25 22:07:35 UTC Reinstall ball bearings in linear guide Ed Fanta 2004-02-26 05:22:20 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Reinstall ball bearings in linear guide tsomer2003 2004-02-26 09:02:37 UTC Re: Reinstall ball bearings in linear guide