CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Tool Comp G41/G42 Program question

jcc3inc wrote:

>Gentlemen:
> I have developed a cutter comp program which has as an input an
>uncompensated G-Code file, and outputs a compensated version of that
>file. The user enters the Direction of offset and the Amount of
>offset along with a New File Name (maybe just add a ".C" suffix to
>the original filename) and the compensated file is then generated. My
>testing of this program shows it to be OK from the testing already
>done. However as the program now stands, it does not lookahead far
>enough to prevent "gouging" of some later block.
> The remaining development would be the lookahead, maybe 50 blocks
>or so, to establish whether any of the succeeding blocks compensated
>path would interfere with a given block. Of course this will require
>some time and effort to do successfully.
> So my question is, "Can I charge $25 for this program to cover all
>the back-and-forth E-Mails, and other headaches etc?"

Who would need such a program? Most good CNC programs do this
directly, don't need a separate file, and you can change the cutter diameter
setting on the fly.

jcc3inc 2004-02-27 07:40:29 UTC Tool Comp G41/G42 Program question jcc3inc 2004-02-27 07:59:32 UTC Re: Tool Comp G41/G42 Program question Jon Elson 2004-02-27 09:29:54 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Tool Comp G41/G42 Program question