CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: joystick control two axis stage (More)

Posted by ibewgypsie
on 2004-03-07 08:14:11 UTC
Looks pretty indepth. A Basic stamp using the "pot" command, calling
the step pulses "Low" and setting direction pins on Gecko drives. I'd
of course use tried and proven drives like geckos if you are
unfamiliar "start with a proven product".

Pretty simple stuff. One chip replaces a whole breadboard of them.
Software is the hard part. I too have thought of this to replace the
Joystick program I have for Windows 98. Then I would not have to boot
the computer on the cnc. You are welcome to a copy of that program,
that with computer, a hex inverter to change positive logic on the
parallel port to negative logic and you'd be set to hook up Geckos.

I have a board I have put together, predrilled for geckos wired with
hex inverter chip, and opto-22. I can send you a drawing if you like.

My cnc machine runs with 8 amp Larken drives. Ran for a year with geckos.

My cnc program to drill backplane, would that be a help to others to
post it here?

David

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "caudlet" <info@t...> wrote:
> While the PulseCard project I referred you to will provide the raw
> step and direction output pulses for what you want, you will still
> need to provide the power interface to the motors. Depending on the
> size and rating of the motors you will need to look at somthing like
> the Xylotex single axis cards or their 3 in 1 axis card. The signals
> will interface easily between the two. There are also several
> unipolar stepper drive kits and plans that would work.

Discussion Thread

Greg McCreight 2004-03-06 22:51:55 UTC joystick control two axis stage Bob McKnight 2004-03-07 07:17:43 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] joystick control two axis stage caudlet 2004-03-07 07:27:02 UTC Re: joystick control two axis stage caudlet 2004-03-07 07:34:04 UTC Re: joystick control two axis stage (More) ibewgypsie 2004-03-07 08:14:11 UTC Re: joystick control two axis stage (More) caudlet 2004-03-07 11:30:50 UTC Re: joystick control two axis stage (More) james_cullins@s... 2004-03-07 12:27:55 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: joystick control two axis stage (More)