CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Announcement, A New Picture Engraving Program

Posted by eferg2001
on 2004-03-17 09:50:37 UTC
How about adding a photo on your web site of examples produced with
your program?

Regards,
Ed Ferguson

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "cncnovice" <crcitser@g...>
wrote:
> Hello List,
>
> With the List Mom's permission, I am pleased to introduce
PicEngrave,
> a new shareware Windows program to convert BMP picture files to CNC
> gcode. PicEngrave is presently available for download at:
> http://home1.gte.net/crcitser/Download/PicEngrave.htm.
>
> PicEngrave requires that the BMP file be in an 8-bit grayscale
format
> only. Color conversion is not supported at this time. Other file
> formats and color conversion will be added in the future. The
screen
> interface is rather drab, but intuitive I believe. This, too, will
> be improved as soon as time allows. Your suggestions will be
> welcomed.
>
> Shareware price is only $20 US per copy. PicEngrave is intended
for
> hobbyists. It is not available at this time for commercial users.
> The download version is not limited or "crippled" in any way.
>
> I believe that PicEngrave may generate a more compact gcode file
than
> other similar programs presently available. I have tested it with
> Win98 SE and WinXP Home and TurboCNC. As PicEngrave is improved,
> registered users will be allowed to download new versions at no
> additional cost as long as the program is in beta development.
> Registered users will also receive a substantial discount in the
> price of the final version, which will be distributed only on CDs.
>
> Please don't clutter up the list with unnecessary comments and
> messages. I can be contacted off list at res1zarhATverizon.net for
> any sales discussions, downloading problems, and initial comments
and
> suggestions. Your friendly comments, criticisms, suggestions, and
> bug reports are always welcomed. Further information is available
on
> the listed download page, which will be updated as needed from time
> to time.
>
> Best regards to all,
> John Champlain
> res1zarhATverizon.net (replace AT with @)

Discussion Thread

cncnovice 2004-03-17 01:33:20 UTC Announcement, A New Picture Engraving Program eferg2001 2004-03-17 09:50:37 UTC Re: Announcement, A New Picture Engraving Program Fred Smith 2004-03-17 15:52:56 UTC Re: Announcement, A New Picture Engraving Program