CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: the end of parallel ports

Posted by Ken Jenkins
on 2004-03-19 06:03:25 UTC
All the more reason to develop USB driven hardware controllers.
The data rates are plenty high enough and I can finally use my
iMac for CNC. :-)

Ken Jenkins
kjenkins@...

> Message: 15
> Date: Fri, 19 Mar 2004 03:50:13 -0000
> From: "ballendo" <ballendo@...>
> Subject: The end of pports was Re: Controllers
>
> Hello,
>
> Or perhaps you were thinking of the PCI parallel port card needed
> with nearly ANY currently offered PC, as these no longer have
> parallel ports; instead using USB for the printer function...
>
> Walk into any computer store and try to buy a motherboard or system
> that has a pport... Good luck.
>
> Related to this is the fact that the PCI pport cards are going up in
> price. A card that a few months ago was 20 bucks is now 60-70...
>
> Hope this helps,
>
> Ballendo

Discussion Thread

Ken Jenkins 2004-03-19 06:03:25 UTC Re: the end of parallel ports alex 2004-03-19 07:12:04 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: the end of parallel ports