CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: DeskCNC API now with G-code interpreter

Posted by Fred Smith
on 2004-04-02 14:46:42 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Ron Ginger" <ginger@m...>
wrote:
> > From: "Fred Smith" <imserv@v...>
> >Subject: Re: DeskCNC API now with G-code interpreter.
>
> Very intersting, but not quite complete. The .doc file includes all
the
> gcode error return codes, but does not include the new function
calls to
> send the gcodes.

Some additional and more in-depth documentation will be forthcoming.

> The example program has the declarations of the gcode routines so I
can
> guess at how they work. They seem to do gcodes where the untis are
in STEPS.
> A bit strange to work with.

One of the initialization steps is to send a .ini file definition.
The file format is similar to the EMC.ini file. After that, the
commands will be in the desired units.

> Still, it is good to see a move toward opening up access to a nice
> controller. I hope I can have my long touted Interactive Milling
program
> (iMILL) running at NAMES with the DeskCNC board.
>
> Is anyone going to have a small mill there that I cold hook my
laptop to to
> show actual running? Im not to eager to drag a mill all the way
from Maine
> to Detroit.

I will try to have a spare, Sherline 5400, w/servo system available
if you need it.

Fred Smith - IMService

Link to discounts and group specials
http://www.cadcamcadcam.com/hobby

Discussion Thread

Ron Ginger 2004-04-02 07:59:25 UTC Re: Fred Smith 2004-04-02 14:46:42 UTC Re: DeskCNC API now with G-code interpreter dodge1320 2004-04-02 16:47:21 UTC Re: