CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Advertisement Announcement - DigiSpeed Spindle Speed Controller for Mach2, TurboCNC, etc

Posted by arthurvolta
on 2004-04-06 04:31:34 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Peter Homann"
<peter.homann@a...> wrote:

> I have now completed the development and testing of the DigiSpeed
>DC motor speed controller. Its purpose is to allow spindle speed
>control from CNC software...
> ...Antonius Groothuizen has kindly modified TurboCNC to drive the
>DigiSpeed in the STEP/DIR mode. He has integrated it into the S
>word function so that it should be seamless.

Operating over Indexer LPT, the Abilty Systems G Code Controller
controls spindle speed with bursts of STEP/DIR signals, so that it
also should seemlessly integrate into the DigiSpeed.

A setup menu in the G Code Controller allows you to specify a
multiplier to the argument to the S word, which is used to generate
the correct number of pulses to set the spindle speed.

I understand from your manual that full scale spindle speed is
accomplished with 1000 pulses? Is this correct?

The frequency of the pulses also needs to be specified in our setup
menu. What is the maximum pulse rate which DigiSpeed will receive
pulses?

If you wish to have copies of the manuals for Indexer LPT and G Code
Controller, please contact me at motion@... (which I
check several times a day), arthurvolta@..., or snap through
the "Contact" link at http://www.abilitysystems.com In the mean
time, I would be pleased to inform our contacts that
your product is available, and I am interested in how it is actually
performing in the field.

Best regards,
Arthur Volta
www.abilitysystems.com

> Peter Homann
> mailto:Peter.Homann@a...
> Adacel Technologies Limited,
> 250 Bay St, BRIGHTON, 3186, AUSTRALIA
> http://www.adacel.com
> Telephone +61 (3) 8530 7777, Facsimile +61 (3) 9596 2960
> Mobile 0421-601 665

Discussion Thread

Peter Homann 2004-04-02 01:10:51 UTC Advertisement Announcement - DigiSpeed Spindle Speed Controller for Mach2, TurboCNC, etc Fred Smith 2004-04-02 07:44:38 UTC Re: Advertisement Announcement - DigiSpeed Spindle Speed Controller for Mach2, TurboCNC, etc Peter Homann 2004-04-02 20:34:50 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Advertisement Announcement - DigiSpeed Spindle Speed Controller for Mach2, TurboCNC, etc arthurvolta 2004-04-06 04:31:34 UTC Re: Advertisement Announcement - DigiSpeed Spindle Speed Controller for Mach2, TurboCNC, etc