CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Servos and Controller boards: an apolog y

Posted by ballendo
on 2004-04-13 14:05:46 UTC
In CCED, Andy Wander <awander@v...> wrote:
> If anyone cares, I think you're BOTH right!
>
> Andy Wander
> Verrex Corporation

Thank you Andy.

I ALSO agree with many of Caudlet's comments... But not the delivery.

Telling someone WHAT they're up against is one thing. Telling them
don't bother BECAUSE of what they're up against is another thing
entirely...

And condescension never sits well.

Ballendo

P.S. A rutex chip is only 30-some bucks. And the circuit is on the
website. JRKerr's site has a 60 buck servo chipset. There was
a "Mister" Bill (Wainwright, I think) who had a DIY servo setup,
Might have used the 628-9? chipset, I don't recall right now.
Not sure how these guys did it without all that Thom mentions
being "necessary"... Oh, and Mariss has published a "how it works"
paper for his 320 drive. Steps, but steps become journeys. Mariss
also published an h-bridge driver that he has used in the past. And
his "projected servo card circuit" for the g2002 answers some more of
the questions (The circuits mentioned as Mariss's are here at CCED
and on his geckodrives group.) The "parts" are out there. They need
to be combined. It will take work, experimentation, and failures.
I'll help however I can.

Discussion Thread

Andy Wander 2004-04-13 06:45:33 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Servos and Controller boards: an apolog y ballendo 2004-04-13 14:05:46 UTC Re: Servos and Controller boards: an apolog y