CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Grizzly minimill

Posted by fogassa@p...
on 2000-04-20 06:47:11 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@egroups.com, "James Cullins" <jcullins@c...>

http://www.grizzleyindustrial.com

myself ,I'm
> > not that strong!)started to go through the usual check list just
> > find out that the handles from the wheels where missing,e-mailed
> > grizzly,and they say it is on back order and will ship it when
they
> > get it.it came with; two collets(3/8,and 1/2")drill chuck,and all
> > wrenchs necessary.Something good;the z axis extrussion is made of
> > steel not aluminum as I thought.
> > Now, the bad news;For those who will use the machine
manualy,there
> > will be a lot work to tune it! and fix what I call a semi finished
> > machine.(but,still a lot cheap than other top ends minimills.)
> > 1- they have changed how the nuts are fixed on x,y axis(now,they
> > seat on two pockets and are held only by one screw.(almost
floating,)
> > 2- the fine feed colar(z axis) is graduated in 0.002" but turn
it 5
> > divisions and it's printed 5 not 10 as it should(maybe they've
got it
> > from a lathe.)
> > 3- griding on the ways is not that nice(,exept for the collun)
> > 4- The fine feed (z axis) has a lot of backlash, by the
graduations
> > printed on the dial 0.02".
> > As I'm going to retrofit it to cnc and replace the lead screws
by
> > ballscrews that's not a problem!
> > I believe that,if they improve the way the lead screws and nuts
are
> > fixed, and big mistakes like the way the dials missmatches the
lead
> > than it will well worth the money.(GRIZZLY....DO YOU HEAR
ME!!!!!!)
> > For now,I'm happy with it(very happy)But,can't speak for those
that
> > are going to do it manualy, so , it fits the bill!!!
> >
> > 'till the first cut(First need upgrade it to ballscrews :-)
> > Any recomendation on what else to fix or check?

------
> > Enjoy the award-winning journalism of The New York Times with
> > convenient home delivery. And for a limited time, get 50% off
for the
> > first 8 weeks by subscribing. Pay by credit card and receive an
> > additional 4 weeks at this low introductory rate.
------

> > Welcome to CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@e...,an unmoderated list for the
> discussion of shop built systems, for CAD, CAM, EDM, and DRO.
> >
> > Addresses:
> > Post message: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@egroups.com
> > Subscribe: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO-subscribe@egroups.com
> > Moderator: jmelson@a... [Moderator]
> > URL to this page: http://www.egroups.com/group/CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO
> > bill,
> > List Manager

Discussion Thread

Fung Chen 2000-04-19 23:02:21 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Grizzly minimill James Cullins 2000-04-20 06:27:14 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Grizzly minimill fogassa@p... 2000-04-20 06:47:11 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Grizzly minimill Glen Benson 2000-04-20 14:22:46 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Grizzly minimill Fung Chen 2000-04-20 15:43:50 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Grizzly minimill