CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: spindle plans

Posted by Don Rogers
on 2004-04-23 16:27:54 UTC
At 11:31 PM 4/15/2004 +0000, you wrote:
>There are a couple reasons the bearing manufacturers specify this fit.
>(and I always use their engineering recommendations; this is a mature
>technology and they know what they're doing)

The races of the bearings ground to allow for the expansion of the inner
race when pressing on the bearing. Too tight a fit, and the bearing
clearances are to tight, To loose a fit and you have a loose bearing. This
doesn't matter much if you are using hardware store bearings, but it is
very important on precession bearings. They are designed to run to specs
with that fit.

Don

Discussion Thread

Henrik Olsson 2004-04-15 10:29:47 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] spindle plans David A. Frantz 2004-04-15 11:11:59 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] spindle plans Don Rogers 2004-04-23 16:27:54 UTC Re: spindle plans