CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Great Alternative to linear slides (WAS: Alternative to linear slides)

on 2004-04-26 07:46:18 UTC
Check out www.pacific-bearing.com Excellent products, innovative
technology. they manufacture ceramic bearings that easily outperform
linear ball bearings. They also produce numerous different types of
slides and other linear motion products. These products are less
expensive than Thomson products and perform better. I've replaced our
linear ball-bearings with direct retro-fit ceramics from Pacific and I
love the products! No lubrication required, really, really long life, no
catastrophic failure, and higher load capacity. Just good stuff.

(I have NO form of business association with Pacific Bearing; I just
love the products!)

Matt A.

-----Original Message-----
From: JanRwl@... [mailto:JanRwl@...]
Sent: Sunday, April 25, 2004 12:55 AM
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Alternative to linear slides

In a message dated 4/24/2004 1:23:07 PM Central Standard Time,
filipetomaz@... writes:
I'm asking to the list alternatives to linear slides to the Y axis,
if not to heavy (under 30 Kg).
Thomson ROUND WAYS and ball-bushings are excellent and not TOO
expensive.
Thomson Linear Bearings - Danaher Motion
Jan Rowland, Texas

Addresses:
Post Messages: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com

timg@...
Moderator: pentam@... indigo_red@... davemucha@...
[Moderators]

OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects goto:
aol://5863:126/rec.crafts.metalworking or go thru Google.com to reach it
if you have trouble.