CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: ann: New Product for Milling Machines - Moderator note

on 2004-04-27 10:59:23 UTC
Please don't take this thread up as a discussion.

I have been contacted by other members that this could become a flame
or even off topic.

Lets keep the list civil and on topic.

Dave
(moderator)

- - - - - -

and from Dave, the list member, check the archives for any support
for anybody you anticipate buying from. The benifit of the products
we chose if often the quality of support.

- - - - - -

And back on the THREAD TOPIC, IIRC, LES was the one who introduced us
to the idea of calibrated tool holders. They are simple to make, can
be made of hardened and ground stock, or made, then hardend, then
ground....

but the key is on your set-up blocks. if you can locate a bit in the
holder dead nuts, it will be what is called, "indexable" an industry
term for tools that can be swapped without altering any adjustments
in the machine. you could have a 1/2 milling cutter in an indexable
holder, cut till it got dull, and swap it with another that was
exactly the same size and lenght and just pick up in the middle of a
cut.

The idea is VERY sound.

Plans and notes are in the archives.

Dave

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "stevenson_engineers"
<john@s...> wrote:
> >--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Greg Jackson" <greg@t...>
> >wrote:
> > Tormach is proud to announce the release of the Tormach Tooling
>System
> > (TTS). This new design of tool holder is perfectly suited to CNC
> >retrofits
>

> Just a heads up guys but Tormach are agents for Prodrive, the people
> who ripped Marris's drive off.
> If you can hit someone in the wallet where it hurts then they might
> take notice.
> Anyone buying from Tormach aren't doing Marris's and in turn Art,
any
> favours.
>
> John S.
> > and conversions. TTS is low cost, yet it offers quick tool change
> and exact
> > Z height repeatability. The unique design also provides for
> increased tool
> > rigidity and easy off-line tool height measurement. Spindle
clearance
> > requirements are 66% less than that of a standard R8 tool holder.
> Details
> > are available at www.tormach.com.
> >
> > G. Jackson
> > Tormach

Greg Jackson 2004-04-25 16:32:13 UTC ann: New Product for Milling Machines Michael Moore 2004-04-25 19:33:27 UTC re: ann: New Product for Milling Machines stevenson_engineers 2004-04-27 05:52:19 UTC Re: ann: New Product for Milling Machines turbulatordude 2004-04-27 10:59:23 UTC Re: ann: New Product for Milling Machines - Moderator note Michael Gamber 2004-04-27 11:03:30 UTC Re: ann: New Product for Milling Machines turbulatordude 2004-04-27 11:10:59 UTC Re: Tool bit height adjusmtments. Peter Renolds 2004-04-27 12:10:23 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Tool bit height adjusmtments.