CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Tool bit height adjusmtments.

Posted by Peter Renolds
on 2004-04-27 12:10:23 UTC
That's what tool length comp is for in CNC programs. It doesn't matter
what the tool length is - you just measure it and enter the length of
each tool from a datum. I turned an R-8 taper into a steel cylinder and
just sit that under my height gauge to measure each tool when I'm
setting up a job. The problem with CNC'ing the quill is that you very
quickly run out of clearance to remove/change the tool in the spindle.
Just CNC the knee that's what I say!

Cheers, Peter