CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Has anyone ever had trouble driving a G201 w/ an unbuffered parallel port?

on 2004-05-09 12:40:12 UTC
Steven,

When I first started using the Gecko 201 I connected them directly to the
parallel port and got my 5 volts from the PC.

In the breakout board that Jim Cullins (Sound Logic) designed we use a
buffer so that our users can use any of the new PC parallel ports that only
output 3.5 volts.
We do not use opto-isolators for our step and direction lines. The
opto-isolators are in the Gecko drives.

We do use opto-isolators for the limit sensors as they provide a very good
filter for the transit noise pulses that cause problems with false triggers.

I hope that some of this will help.

We do not use an
Bob Campbell
Bob@...