CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Linking stepper motors together.

Posted by caudlet
on 2004-05-09 16:13:23 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, <testfly@a...> wrote:
> Using Turbocnc software and driver/stepper motors from HobbyCNC. 4
motor 125 oz

> I am trying to get the A and X motors to work the same so I can use
them on a hot wire foam cutting system. I am only able to do this so
far by added the A code to the X code lines. Now I have them working
together but hoping for a faster way.

> Any ideas? Can they be linked some how to work together as one in
the software?

> Thanks in advance!

I don't know if TurboCNC does this but MACH2 allows you to slave any
axis to another so they move the same. I use it with Y and A to
drive a dual motor gantry. Works great. Demo of MACH2 with 1000 g-
code line limit is free for download.

Discussion Thread

testfly@a... 2004-05-09 13:25:02 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Linking stepper motors together. caudlet 2004-05-09 16:13:23 UTC Re: Linking stepper motors together.