CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: How can I fix this? "G" (UPDATE) Quick Fix seams to be working

Posted by testfly@a...
on 2004-05-25 08:25:45 UTC
Just wanted to pass on that if I hit the "N" (for "NO" I guess) the program keeps on going and does not stop like it does if you hit any other key.
It has given me that error a few times but I just keep hitting the "n" key and she keeps on trucking. oops I mean well you know what I mean..Its a train and its looking GREAT!

----- Original Message -----
From: testfly@...
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
Sent: Tuesday, May 25, 2004 9:27 AM
Subject: How can I fix this? "G"

Hi Guys,

I need some help. I have set up my router table with a floating pen so I can mark material as well as cut material. The reason the pen floats is so the tip can ride the surface rather then be forced into it.

Here is the problem I have run into.

In Design Cad 14 there is an image of a train. I have gotten the G code for it and was running it on my machine. About an hour into the project there is a problem. The machine stops and turbocnc shows the following message: "ERROR! Arc of zero steps in circular interp - aborting" (Screen shot here)
http://testfly.0catch.com/train-g-problem/traingprob.jpg

I would really like to see this image finished. I am a train lover and even built a "G scale" train that is gear driven and gas with forward and reverse and the best part is that it is radio control. (G meaning size meaning larger than HO gauge)

Anyway I would like to figure out how to get passed this error message.
Can someone offer me any help.
Here is a look at what it was doing when it stopped.
http://testfly.0catch.com/train-g-problem/traingprob1.jpg
http://testfly.0catch.com/train-g-problem/traingprob2.jpg
I think this would be awesome to see finished.
I would like to make one and hang it on the wall.

Thanks for any and all help!!

Troy

testfly@a... 2004-05-25 08:25:45 UTC Re: How can I fix this? "G" (UPDATE) Quick Fix seams to be working