CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Awesome $40 282 oz in dual shaft step motor buy

Posted by Ron Steele
on 2004-05-30 08:57:13 UTC
Dan,

I would be interested in 3 of these motors. Can you please send me a
picture and a copy of the data sheet?

Thanks,

Ron Steele-
www.stirlingsteele.com

==================================
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "danmauch" <dmauch@s...>
wrote:
> I have an opportunity to buy a large quantity of New Japanese made
> stepper motors rated at 282 oz in.
>
> Thes motors would be excellent for the Taig, Sherline and the
> micromills. I tried to get a data sheet for this motor but it
> appears to be a special motor. I emailed the company for a data
> sheet but so far there was no response. I do have the
specification
> sheet that my buyer send to me with a sample motor. I will email it
> to anyone that wants to see it.
>
> The motor is a standard Nema23 motor mount with a .250"D front
> shaft .75L. The motor is a dual shaft, double stack, with the rear
> shaft being 5mm and about 8MM long so you can mount a handwheel on
> it for manual operation.
> The sptepper motor has a nearly 3ft long cable that has 6 wires. I
> have the wiring for bipolar series and can provide a connection
> diagram for this motor. The motor is 200 steps per rev, and in
> bipolar series I would set the current for about 3A. Higher for
> unipolar. I ran it on a G201 with the software set for 20000 steps
> to the inch and at 60 IPM. I also ran it on the XYLOTEX board at
> 26VDC and it ran beautifully with the current set to 2A. Since I am
> relying on the information I cannot warrant the information on the
> specs I was provided but my tests tend to confirm the spec sheet.
>
> So If you are interested I was going to go ahead and order a batch
> on Monday but I would like to know how much interest there is in
> these awesome stepper motors at $40 each plus $6 per motor s/h.
> Contact me off line if you want a copy of the spec sheet. The
> motors also have a 200 CPR encoder that uses a standard Hed9140
read
> head that I plan to remove and use on other project but if you want
> the encoder left on it will cost you another $5
>
> Dan
> Camtronics Inc
> www.seanet.com/~dmauch

Discussion Thread

danmauch 2004-05-29 11:40:40 UTC Awesome $40 282 oz in dual shaft step motor buy Ron Steele 2004-05-30 08:57:13 UTC Re: Awesome $40 282 oz in dual shaft step motor buy