CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] "G" Im still Lost

Posted by testfly@a...
on 2004-06-02 12:32:45 UTC
Hi Alan,

Troy Here sorry.

Can you give me a direct link to the white paper. I can't fine it. "G" sorry

Troy

----- Original Message -----
From: "Alan Marconett" <KM6VV@...>
To: <CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com>
Sent: Wednesday, June 02, 2004 12:32 PM
Subject: Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] "G" Im still Lost

> Hi test (name?),
>
> Check out the white paper "CNC for hobbyists" in the SherlineCNC list's
> files. It discusses rounding the corners.
>
> You really need to get studying your CAD program. You can draw the
> square, or the plate, and then the toolpaths. The toolpaths are most
> easily done if you use the "offset" feature. Straight lines are just
> offsets, arcs are offset and have a larger radius. So if the radius of
> the corner was 1/2", then the new radius needed is radius + (1/2 the
> tool radius).
>
> Lines you've figured out are G01, arcs are G02 and G03. There are
> different arguments for arcs, I,J,K are offsets to the center of the
> arc. These offsets can be absolute or relative. The finish position is
> specified. Not all that hard! Read the white paper, and try out the
> examples!
>
> Get a demo of FlashCut, you can get a good graphic of what your code is
> doing. Get your DXF files working, and it will import DXF and generate
> Gcode FOR you! This worked for me!
>
> You've already got some CAD programs, but did you know that you can get
> a CAD only version of Vector CAD/CAM for low cost, which is MADE for
> generating Gcode! It keeps line segments and arcs in order, and creates
> the tool paths FOR you. Greatly recommended!
>
> After you've checked out the white paper, give us the dimensions of the
> 2nd part (plate?) and we can quickly draw it in cad and generate a tool
> path for you. What cuter size are you using?
>
> You don't mention the controller program and mill you are using.
>
> Alan KM6VV
>

> testfly@... wrote:
> > I am really going crazy here trying to figure out a few (what I think
should be) simple things to do.

> > Here is what I am trying to write the G code for and what the parts
should look like.
> > http://testfly.0catch.com/want-to-cnc/part1.jpg
> > http://testfly.0catch.com/want-to-cnc/part2.jpg
> >
> > If I could write the G code for them I would be able to cut many parts
out by cutting and pasting the G code. That is if I wrote the code in
incremental and added a block to move the tool over for the next cut. right?

> > I have the G code for part #1 But I do not have it rounding the corners
of the part.
> > I am now trying to figure out how to get the corners round.
> >
> > As for part #2 If I could figure out how to make the two curves (half
circles) I could connect them with no problem.

> > I do have some Cad programs that I downloaded demos for and I also
bought Design cad 14. But, I can't make heads or tails on how to draw in
them. I guess I have drawn to much in paintbrush or paint shop pro.
> > I had seen where someone was talking about corel 10. I have 9, 10, and
11 but have never used them.

> > I am sure that the best thing for me to do is to learn to draw in a cad
program and draw the parts there.
> > But, again I just can't figure it out.
> >
> > Any more help would be Great.

> > Addresses:
> > Post Messages: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
> >
> > Subscribe: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO-subscribe@yahoogroups.com
timg@...
> > Moderator: pentam@... indigo_red@... davemucha@...
[Moderators]
> > URL to this group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO
> >
> > OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
> > If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects goto:
you have trouble.