CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Diacro Bender Stand ideas?

Posted by doug98105
on 2004-06-10 06:46:45 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "STAN MCDONALD"
<SMCDONAL@K...> wrote:
> Hello list I acquired a #3 DIACRO bender a while back and I was
wondering
> if anyone had a good set of plans for a stand for it. I can simply
weld up 4
> legs and a few shelves but thought that someone one the list might
have
> something that they had done that is a bit better then that.
> Thanks
> Stan
> .

Stan,

The factory stand is pretty good. You'd be alright if you copied it.

Did you get the four hold down clamps that secure the bender to the
factory stand? If not, you should improvise something similar. The
clamps allow the bender to be quickly rotated on the stand so the
bending arm can swing in the needed arc without hitting adjacent
objects (most of us don't have the shop space for the bending arm to
swing a full 360 degrees).

I set threaded inserts into the shop floor to secure the stand.
Maybe once a year I have to unbolt the stand from the floor and
scoot it out of the way to make room for a large project.

Doug

Discussion Thread

STAN MCDONALD 2004-06-06 16:44:35 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Diacro Bender Stand ideas? caudlet 2004-06-09 09:56:53 UTC Re: Diacro Bender Stand ideas? doug98105 2004-06-10 06:46:45 UTC Re: Diacro Bender Stand ideas?