CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Stepper dyno: Library citation on actual device

Posted by Joel Lenoir
on 2000-04-26 11:10:46 UTC
> Any ideas on an easy way to do this?

I was in grad school in mechanical engineering at The University of Tennessee, Knoxville, when a friend of mine finished his MS
thesis on such a device. He designed, built, and tested it, and I recall that it worked very well. The department needed it to
evaluate steppers with their intended power supply so that the integrated system could be characterized.

I have given recent thought to having my ME engineering students build and implement a version of his project for one of our senior
capstone projects.

Here is the UT catalog listing from the library: www.utk.edu

Good luck,
Joel Lenoir
Western Kentucky University
Bowling Green, KY

Author: Moscone, Christopher G.
Title : The design of a stepper motor torque characterization system / Christopher G. Moscone.
Imprint: 1991
Call Number: Thesis91.M683
Subject: Stepping motors UTK Theses -- Mechanical engineering.
Notes: Vita.
Dissertation: Thesis (M.S.)--University of Tennessee, Knoxville, 1991.
Bibliography: leaves 83-84.
Holdings: Hodges stacks Thesis91.M683 checked in
Univ. Archives thesis Thesis91.M683 checked in

Discussion Thread

Joel Lenoir 2000-04-26 11:10:46 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Stepper dyno: Library citation on actual device