CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC BDI 2.20 Questions

Posted by Paul
on 2004-06-20 12:21:30 UTC
Hi Reed

On Sunday 20 June 2004 6:54 pm, reed_irion wrote:
> [EMC} IO_BASE_ADDRESS not found in G1008.ini; using default 278
> inispin Index = 3

You need to edit G1008.ini and add "IO_BASE_ADDRESS = 0x278" to the [EMCIO]
section to get rid of this warning. However, if you plan on using a laptop
with just one parallel port, then replace bridgeporttask and bridgeportio
with minimilltask & minimilltask respectively.

> Why is it hanging for so long before it comes up ?  Is there an easy
> way to recompile BDI 2.20 ( I cant find any of the makefiles)

Slow startup with the GUI would indicate that you have limited RAM. Try
installing more memory.
The source code is emc-source-<ver No>.i36.rpm package - It is normally
installed along with the prerequsite tools (gcc, make, kernel headers, etc)
when you do a developers install.

> In general I am wondering if I should be using BDI 220.  Has it
> fallen into neglect since EMC is being maintained by commercial
> interests ?

There are NO commercial interests maintaining the BDI - It is all done by an
unpaid and dedicated individual. Sherline very kindly host the ISO images
where you can download them for free. At no time do they (or anyone else)
dictate the direction or development of BDI.

Regards, Paul.

irc channel for EMC users at irc.freenode.org
/join #emc
and chat to other users (not many there yet).

Discussion Thread

reed_irion 2004-06-20 10:56:36 UTC EMC BDI 2.20 Questions Paul 2004-06-20 12:21:30 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC BDI 2.20 Questions Jon Elson 2004-06-20 12:41:06 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] EMC BDI 2.20 Questions