CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Need CAD/CAM/ software recommendations

Posted by testfly@a...
on 2004-06-25 09:29:10 UTC
Chuck when you find it let me know as well.

I bought a system from Hobbycnc (125 oz) and built it per the directions. It
works great.
Also using Turbocnc to run the system. That works Great too. well worth the
$20.00 to reg it.
I am doing things the hard way I am sure. But the main reason is I want to
learn G code. This way I can edit a code and have it do what I want. I have
made a few things already and though it is taking a lot of time. I feel
pretty good about the fact it is something I created myself and did it
without the use of a program. Writing G code can take a lot of time. But
when there is a problem I can locate it in a matter of seconds and I know
what to do to fix it.

Take your time and enjoy the hobby of CNC. It really is a lot of fun when
you build it from a kit and what you build works.

Let me know what you come up with.

You can see the machine I put together at:
http://testfly.0catch.com/cnc/firstcnc.html

You can view it in action at:
http://testfly.0catch.com/cnc/cnctraindrawing/cnctraindrawing.html

I have lots more to put up. I just don't have the time because of getting so
many things into G code.
(The hard way to I might add! But, if you create something and it fails, you
know how to fix it. I think that is the way that works LOL)