CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Need CAD/CAM/ software recommendations

Posted by Peter
on 2004-06-26 10:51:15 UTC
Hi Chuck et. al.,

To learn G-code, think about going to

http://www.flashcutcnc.com

and download the the Flashcutcnc software. To actually control the
machine you will need to buy their signal generator which will cost
+$1000 which some feel is expensive, but a member Chris L believe
strongly is worth every penny (or cent) as it is very user friend.
But if you don't feel like coughing up that much, you can still use
it as a demo and as a learning tool for G-code programming. For
example, if a newbie wants to learn what is G00, you can open their
G-code editor and type

G00 X3 Y5

and click on [update] and see on the graphic window the tool moving
from whatever postition you are in to the point 3,5

or type G02 X7 Y9 I1 J0

[update] and see the tool moving in an arc.

The latest version even have tool radius compensation, quite a
number of canned cycle, etc. for you to try. They have a tool table
where you can input the radius of the diameter for the radius
compensation, you can try changing the value the radius, and see the
effect on the graphic table, or try inputing radii for more than one
tool and demo M06 T02, yada yada

Not connected to flashcut, just a happy user.

You may also want to look at:

http://faculty.etsu.edu/hemphill/entc3710/nc-prog-03.htm

Good luck

Peter

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, <testfly@a...> wrote:
> Chuck when you find it let me know as well.
>
> I bought a system from Hobbycnc (125 oz) and built it per the
directions. It
> works great.
> Also using Turbocnc to run the system. That works Great too. well
worth the
> $20.00 to reg it.
> I am doing things the hard way I am sure. But the main reason is I
want to
> learn G code. This way I can edit a code and have it do what I
want. I have
> made a few things already and though it is taking a lot of time. I
feel
> pretty good about the fact it is something I created myself and
did it
> without the use of a program. Writing G code can take a lot of
time. But
> when there is a problem I can locate it in a matter of seconds and
I know
> what to do to fix it.
>
> Take your time and enjoy the hobby of CNC. It really is a lot of
fun when
> you build it from a kit and what you build works.
>
> Let me know what you come up with.
>
> You can see the machine I put together at:
> http://testfly.0catch.com/cnc/firstcnc.html
>
> You can view it in action at:
> http://testfly.0catch.com/cnc/cnctraindrawing/cnctraindrawing.html
>
> I have lots more to put up. I just don't have the time because of
getting so
> many things into G code.
> (The hard way to I might add! But, if you create something and it
fails, you
> know how to fix it. I think that is the way that works LOL)

machining is
> > the easy part for me. What I need help with is finding the
software
> > to help with the design and coding, also good book
recommendations on

wanliker@a...,
> timg@k...
> > Moderator: pentam@c... indigo_red@q... davemucha@j...
> [Moderators]
> > URL to this group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO
> >
> > OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
> > If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects goto:
> aol://5863:126/rec.crafts.metalworking or go thru Google.com to
reach it if
> you have trouble.
> > http://www.metalworking.com/news_servers.html

to be a
> sister site to the CCED group, as many of the same members are
there, for OT
> subjects, that are not allowed on the CCED list.
> >
> > NOTICE: ALL POSTINGS TO THIS GROUP BECOME PUBLIC DOMAIN BY
POSTING THEM.
> DON'T POST IF YOU CAN NOT ACCEPT THIS.....NO EXCEPTIONS........
> > bill
> > List Mom
> > List Owner
> >

> > Yahoo! Groups Links

Discussion Thread

cutsgems 2004-06-25 08:38:26 UTC Need CAD/CAM/ software recommendations testfly@a... 2004-06-25 09:29:10 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Need CAD/CAM/ software recommendations Peter 2004-06-26 10:51:15 UTC Re: Need CAD/CAM/ software recommendations