CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Linear bearings - can someone help with how to reload?

Posted by washcomp
on 2004-06-30 18:37:21 UTC
Jeff:

Thanks for getting back to me. I solved the problem by pressing the
balls (most of them at least) back through the slot. My ball bushics
are Thompson Super 20's (also open "C" type). The hole I was talking
about is inside the I.D. of the plastic retainer, so I'm unclear how
a Zerg fitting would be able to be fitted without blocking the rail.

Anyhow, in my quest I came across a surplus outfit that was willing
to sell me a pair of new Super 20's for $45. They also sell all
sorts of other useful stuff. I left the link on my office computer,
so if anyone's interested, send me an email and I'll shoot it out
tomorrow.

Now I'm on to new problems which I've seperately posted.

Jeff

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Jeffrey Martin"
<mart0784@u...> wrote:
> Send me a picture. I have a few 1" Thompson ball bearings {Super
16}.
> They were used in a industrial application and would probably have
the zerk
> fittings installed, so I could tell you the location. I also have
the
> replacement "ball/plastic sleeves" for these bearings. I bought
them from
> the HobbieCNC web site like 4 years ago. These are the bearing
replacements
> w/o the "pillow block". I don't think it matters but my bearings
are the C
> sectioned. type.
>
> If the hole has internal threads, it is a zerk fitting (grease
fitting)
> hole. The more I think about it, the more I am convinced that that
is what
> it is. Why would you want a hole in the side of your industrial
bearing
> block (pillow block)? To let lubricating grease out and sand and
grit in?
> Don't think so. Plus if your setup is like mine, the replacement
bearings
> come incased in the plastic ball carrier. Yes you can buy
replacement

wanliker@a...,
> timg@k...
> > Moderator: pentam@c... indigo_red@q... davemucha@j...
> [Moderators]
> > URL to this group: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO
> >
> > OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
> > If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects goto:
> aol://5863:126/rec.crafts.metalworking or go thru Google.com to
reach it if
> you have trouble.
> > http://www.metalworking.com/news_servers.html

to be a
> sister site to the CCED group, as many of the same members are
there, for OT
> subjects, that are not allowed on the CCED list.
> >
> > NOTICE: ALL POSTINGS TO THIS GROUP BECOME PUBLIC DOMAIN BY
POSTING THEM.
> DON'T POST IF YOU CAN NOT ACCEPT THIS.....NO EXCEPTIONS........
> > bill
> > List Mom
> > List Owner
> >

> > Yahoo! Groups Links

Discussion Thread

washcomp 2004-06-28 19:02:25 UTC Linear bearings - can someone help with how to reload? JanRwl@A... 2004-06-28 21:16:23 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Linear bearings - can someone help with how to reload? Jeffrey Martin 2004-06-29 21:24:52 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Linear bearings - can someone help with how to reload? washcomp 2004-06-30 04:30:23 UTC Re: Linear bearings - can someone help with how to reload? Brad Eyben 2004-06-30 06:12:52 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Linear bearings - can someone help with how to reload? washcomp 2004-06-30 07:36:44 UTC It Works-Follow up questions: Re: Linear bearings - how to reload? washcomp 2004-06-30 12:25:08 UTC Final Answer-Follow up questions: Re: Linear bearings Jeffrey Martin 2004-06-30 16:22:30 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Linear bearings - can someone help with how to reload? washcomp 2004-06-30 18:37:21 UTC Re: Linear bearings - can someone help with how to reload? Jeffrey Martin 2004-07-01 18:16:07 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Linear bearings - can someone help with how to reload?