CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: FS Sherline lathe, mill, attachments, Ahha CNC package

Posted by Bill Griffin
on 2004-07-12 17:40:08 UTC
I have created a web site with pictures of the equipment for sale.
The last picture will have a camera icon that you can click and view
a small video of the mill running.

http://www.grifftek.com/sherline/

Regards

Bill Griffin

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Bill Griffin" <bill@g...>
wrote:
> Sherline 5000 Mill With 3 axis Ahha CNC Pro and RC500-3-6 Retrofit.
>
> The mill has the standard DC motor (not the older universal mootr)
> as well as a 30K rpm spindle (laminate trimmer) and a custom solid
> aluminum mounting bracket that replaces the sherline spindle and
is
> easily changed with the same set screw arrangement as sherline.
>
> Sherline 4500 Lathe
> Craftsman 4 drawer tool box top with foam inserts with all the
> necessary attachments:
> Boring Head
> Drill chucks
> 3 jaw lathe chuck
> 4 jaw lathe chuck
> live center
> Mill indexing attachment
> horizontal milling base plate
> slitting saw holder
> Milling collet set with drawbar
> Lathe Collet set with drawbar
> Milling Vise
> Drill bit set
> and a ton of other stuff I don't have a list of yet.
>
> The mill has a 3 axis Ahha RC500 drive box with (3) 6 amp driver
> boards installed.
>
> The mill as well as the lathe are mounted on nice flat steel
plates
> with foam rubber bottoms.
>
> There is a Ahha CNC Pro IFB board installed in a Dell PC with the
> software already configured for the mill. The system has a 15 inch
> Compaq monitor and a keyboard.
>
> I will also include a motor mount kit for the lathe and a set of
> surplus pacific scientific double shaft stepper motors and dampers.
> This machining package is sitting on a nice 5 or 6 foot 1.5" thick
> maple topped steel framed work bench with enough room to mount the
> pc and drive box on a bottom shelf.
>
> The mill has a set of grifftek made xy leadscrew nuts and backlash
> adjusters that last much longer than the standard sherline brass
> nuts.
>
> This system has been used as have most of the accessories but
> everything is in good used condition and still has a lot of life
> left in everything.
>
> If anyone is interested in this complete package please respond by
> email to bill@g... before I put it all on ebay.
>
> I will have pictures of everything as well as a movie of the mill
> running.
>
> Package price is $3495.00 (about the cost of the ahha package by
> itself)

Discussion Thread

Bill Griffin 2004-07-12 00:00:37 UTC FS Sherline lathe, mill, attachments, Ahha CNC package Bill Griffin 2004-07-12 17:40:08 UTC Re: FS Sherline lathe, mill, attachments, Ahha CNC package