CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: motor repair

on 2004-07-30 13:39:29 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "David A. Frantz"
<wizard@e...> wrote:
> My first thought with a motor this expensive is to wonder if the
motor
> is still under warranty? This could very well be a manufacturing
> defect as I've had motors with broken magnets right out of the
box.
> The other problem as I see it is that not many motore repair shops
have
> resources for mounting odd size magnets.
>
> Dave

I already contacted the factory. the machine is over 10 years old
and has not been under a yearly maintenance contract for over 2 years.

That rules out any warantee.

I did call a couple shops, one flaty said they were too busy.
the other said they could grind me a new set of magnets to fit, but
it would be a bit more than $500.00 that the factory replacement
would be.

I'm looking seriously at Pauls spindle. The hole/mount on my machine
is 1.5" and Paul didn't list any sizes on his site for the Instant
Spindle. Anyone have an idea what it weighs or what the overall
dimmentins are ?

Dave

> turbulatordude wrote:
>
> >Hi all,
> >
> >The spindle motor on my machine lost a magnet and jammed the
motor.
> >This is a small spindle motor and was wondering if anyone knew of
any
> >shops that repair motors ?
> >
> >Since it is so small, I'm reluctant to take it to one of the
> >commercial shops that do big three phase motors.
> >
> >Any suggestions ?
> >
> >BTW, this is a high quality motor set into a custome housing.
Simple
> >replacement will be at least $500.00 so repair would be desirable.
> >
> >Dave

Discussion Thread

turbulatordude 2004-07-30 09:19:07 UTC motor repair alleven@m... 2004-07-30 09:57:43 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] motor repair David A. Frantz 2004-07-30 12:48:09 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] motor repair turbulatordude 2004-07-30 13:39:29 UTC Re: motor repair JanRwl@A... 2004-07-30 14:38:30 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] motor repair turbulatordude 2004-07-31 11:48:13 UTC Re: motor repair