CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Gerber to G Code Conversion?

Posted by ab2pn
on 2004-08-04 21:00:43 UTC
Thank you

I'm new to CNC.

I just got my Mill yesterday and way awed to see a circle being made
(I could never do one by hand).

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, Jon Elson <elson@p...> wrote:
> ab2pn wrote:
>
> >I'm looking for a Program that will Convert Gerber to G Code.
> >
> >I am presently using EMC to controlling my milling/routing.
> >
> >Any suggestions, or experiences?
> >

> We go through this every 6 montsh or so, and I start a BIG row by
saying
> that Gerber files *are* G-code, alias RS-274D. Do you want to take
a Gerber
> file for a PC board and mill the PC board pattern? That is a
different
> situation,
> as you are taking a program that draws the metal to be preserved,
and you
> wqnt to get a program that cuts away (isolates) that metal with
minimum
> effort.
>
> But, technically, Gerber files ARE a very odd and antiquated form
of
> RS-274D,
> with suppressed decimal point, some really odd use of D01 through
D03,
> and a few
> other oddities.
>
> There are a few programs available for little or no cost that will
do
> the PCB
> isolation conversion. Here's a link to one :
> http://www.ktmarketing.com/DeskCNC/
>
> Jon

Discussion Thread

ab2pn 2004-08-04 11:47:23 UTC Gerber to G Code Conversion? Jon Elson 2004-08-04 20:09:33 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Gerber to G Code Conversion? ab2pn 2004-08-04 21:00:43 UTC Re: Gerber to G Code Conversion?