CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Conversational Programming and Subroutines

Donald Kelley wrote:

> Hi there,
> I'm a lurker. If a conversational language is developed
> it should come with a tools to allow conversion to and from
> Gcodes. I think that would allow for more support in the long
> run and also allow for testing against known working code.
>
> As far as subroutines go.. although I can imagine some
> difficulties in integrating them into a system that was not originally
>
> designed to have them, it makes alot of sense to make subroutines
> available to the gcode programmer(even if one had to preprocess
> the Gcode file to put the subroutines inline). If you went to the
> effort to preprocess subroutines, it might make sense to add the
> capability to put in count controlled loops and other sundry
> flow control structures.

Well, in fact, the C preprocessor should be able to do this. You'd need
to run it
through a renumber program afterwards.

Donald Kelley 2000-05-03 09:57:05 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Conversational Programming and Subroutines Jon Elson 2000-05-03 20:25:23 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Conversational Programming and Subroutines