CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] servo controllers

Posted by shawncd@p...
on 2004-08-11 06:14:59 UTC
Sounds great! When is it expected to be released?
I also wondering if you might know the best way to add
an MPG to EMC?

Thanks
Shawn

--- Original Message ---
From: Jon Elson <elson@...>
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
Subject: Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] servo controllers

>Shawncd wrote:
>
>>John,
>>Any idea when EMC will be able to to do lathe
threading?

>No, unfortunately. The HAL (hardware abstraction
layer) changes
>that will produce EMC2 are going along, I believe.
This will allow
>a lot of cleaner connections between motion planning
and whatever
>does the actual motion control. There are some
totally unbelievable
>kluges in EMC now regarding the special cases, such
as homing,
>going into and coming out of E-stop, etc. This
overhaul is much needed,
>and makes all sorts of motion, I/O, etc. into little
well-defined modules,
>with well-documented interfaces, and a language to
connect these
>modules to the outputs and inputs of EMC. I believe
that lathe
>threading will almost drop out of this work, and the
only thing that
>will take some development will be adding the proper
G-code commands
>to EMC's interpreter. I have found the interpreter
to be almost
>incomprehensible, the few times I've peeked into it
looking to see
>how some G-code command turns into the NML message
that actually
>does what was commanded. (I admit, I didn't work
very hard at trying
>to penetrate into the interpreter's workings.)
>
>I hope that I am not being over optimistic about the
HAL and threading,
>but I did see John Kasunich demonstrate electronic
gearing, where he
>twirled an encoder, and a stepper motor responded in
sync with his hand.
>Ths was at the NAMES show this past April.
>This is VERY close to what lathe threading is, just
electronically gearing
>the carriage to the spindle. The only additional
tricks to it are to be
>able
>to sync to the spindle while it is running, and the
break back out of the
>electronic gearing mode after a certain distance is
travelled.

subscribe@yahoogroups.com
unsubscribe@yahoogroups.com
wanliker@..., timg@...
davemucha@... [Moderators]
>URL to this group:
>
>OFF Topic POSTS: General Machining
>If you wish to post on unlimited OT subjects goto:
aol://5863:126/rec.crafts.metalworking or go thru
Google.com to reach it if you have trouble.
>http://www.metalworking.com/news_servers.html

consider this to be a sister site to the CCED group,
as many of the same members are there, for OT

>NOTICE: ALL POSTINGS TO THIS GROUP BECOME PUBLIC
DOMAIN BY POSTING THEM. DON'T POST IF YOU CAN NOT
ACCEPT THIS.....NO EXCEPTIONS........
>bill
>List Mom
>List Owner
>

>Yahoo! Groups Links

Discussion Thread

J 2004-08-09 13:09:28 UTC servo controllers Jon Elson 2004-08-09 22:12:22 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] servo controllers Shawncd 2004-08-10 19:55:09 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] servo controllers Jon Elson 2004-08-10 21:36:15 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] servo controllers shawncd@p... 2004-08-11 06:14:59 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] servo controllers Jon Elson 2004-08-11 09:22:51 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] servo controllers shawncd@p... 2004-08-11 10:01:07 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] servo controllers Paul 2004-08-15 07:23:05 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] servo controllers Jon Elson 2004-08-15 11:12:20 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] servo controllers