CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Educational CAM Software

on 2004-08-14 11:57:31 UTC
--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "machinenut2000"
<machinenut2000@y...> wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Can anyone suggest a good cam software to use in a high school shop
environment?
> It should be able to do both 2D and 3D tool path generation.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Mark

Hi Mark,

I would ask if you wanted an introductory package that the students
will build on and then use if they continue in the trade, or one that
is free now and easy to learn, or one that has an upgrade path that
will be used in the local collage or trade school or something ?

It may be possible that your local community collage or such has last
years programs on the shelf that can be liscensed to you.

Worth a phone call.

On the other hand, FAST learning may be better as you get stuff NOW
and not weeks of learing software.

Interesting tradeoffs in the school application.

Dave

Discussion Thread

machinenut2000 2004-08-14 11:50:47 UTC Educational CAM Software turbulatordude 2004-08-14 11:57:31 UTC Re: Educational CAM Software Roy J. Tellason 2004-08-14 15:53:41 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: Educational CAM Software Fred Smith 2004-08-14 17:40:53 UTC Re: Educational CAM Software