CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: moving Bridgeport steppers with Gecko d rivers - help!

Posted by Andy Wander
on 2004-08-15 20:11:28 UTC
So why not install the caps, as recommended? One less potential problem.

Andy

-----Original Message-----
From: theokspindoctor
To: CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com
Sent: 8/15/2004 10:28 PM
Subject: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: moving Bridgeport steppers with Gecko drivers
- help!

However, there is still the question of whether the 470 uF capacitor
is necessary across the power connection. Mariss writes that this
is required when the power supply is more than a 18 inches away or
uses a fuse, both of which are true for my setup. I assume that is
the length of the wire from the power supply to the Gecko drive. He
says this is necessary because the drive draws supply current in
20khz pulses and needs "flywheel" for proper function.

thanks!

Keith Clark

Discussion Thread

Andy Wander 2004-08-15 20:11:28 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: moving Bridgeport steppers with Gecko d rivers - help! theokspindoctor 2004-08-15 20:20:42 UTC Re: moving Bridgeport steppers with Gecko d rivers - help! Dan Mauch 2004-08-16 07:51:59 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: moving Bridgeport steppers with Gecko d rivers - help!