CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Grizzly Mill/Drill Conversion for CNC

Posted by Ron Steele
on 2004-08-18 01:18:30 UTC
Hi Steve,

At "http://www.cncmasters.com/CNC%20Jr%20Mill.htm" they also sell a
kit you can install on your mill for about $4000. Keep in mind that
this kit includes 1200 oz/in steppers and the huge power supply and
controller to drive them. Also the software package to make it all
go. They also include the ball screws. It isn't that bad of a deal.

Ron Steele
http://www.stirlingsteele.com/millplans.html

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "pioneer_12mw"
<steven.murphy@l...> wrote:
> Please forgive me if this subject has already been covered, but
after
> scanning over 2000 messages, I have barely scratched the surface of
> last April.
>
> After attending the Iron Fever Expo in York this past weekend, I am
> now committed to building or buying a CNC system (thanks to Ron
> Ginger and Tom Hubin). Since I already have a nine year old Grizzly
> G100? (the basic equivalent of the current model G1007), I'd like
> focus on converting it, rather than starting from scratch.
>
> I found one earlier thread which directed me to the CNCMasters web
> site. This looks like a great package which could get me up and
> running very quick however, it is a bit more expensive than I was
> hoping for (especially considering I already have the Mill). I
don't
> mind building the system piece meal, but I'd like to keep it as
> simple as possible (i.e. prebuilt controller box, etc.). One set
of
> items which I am particularly interested in finding are the gear
> reduction mounting brackets and parts needed to mount the motors to
> the mill.
>
> Is there anything currently available for this machine? If not, is
> there a reason that this is not a viable candidate? It seems to be
> popular model, which is sold by many different companies? I don't
> want to be cheap about it, but I'd like to find the best reasonable
> balance of cost, performance and simplicity.
>
> Regards,
> Steve Murphy

Discussion Thread

hardinge73 2004-06-24 23:00:15 UTC CNC kit for Grizzly G1003 Milling Machine Andrew Werby 2004-06-25 12:06:12 UTC Re:CNC kit for Grizzly G1003 Milling Machine pioneer_12mw 2004-08-17 13:36:44 UTC Grizzly Mill/Drill Conversion for CNC Ron Steele 2004-08-18 01:18:30 UTC Re: Grizzly Mill/Drill Conversion for CNC grantfair2001 2004-08-18 05:07:26 UTC Re: Grizzly Mill/Drill Conversion for CNC vrsculptor 2004-08-18 07:34:56 UTC Re: Grizzly Mill/Drill Conversion for CNC / Don't do it. millplans 2004-08-18 11:20:39 UTC RE: consider resurrecting a dead CNC pioneer_12mw 2004-08-18 12:18:34 UTC RE: Grizzly - Re: consider resurrecting a dead CNC John Delaney 2004-08-18 20:17:45 UTC Grizzly - Re: consider resurrecting a dead CNC