CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] servo recommendation for milling machine

jmmytgal wrote:

>Hello all,
>I am planning on converting a Harbor freight milling/drilling machine
>(item 33686) to cnc. This machine is comparable to grizzly g1007, rong
>fu, enco and a few other 800 pounders.
>I was wondering if anyone would be able to suggest what servos I
>should be looking for. As far as torque goes. What should the constant
>and peak torque be? Should I use a belt drive for a servo under a
>specific torque?

I have a client in town with one of those. He has the Ametek motors
from Camtronics,
and it seems to work pretty well. He has a 36 V power supply, which
limits him
some on the feedrates. So, I would suggest a 50 - 65 V power supply to get
better results.

>Has anyone converted this kind of machine to cnc? If so, could you
>share what kind of motors and torque you use. Original acme or ball
>screws.

He still has the original Acme screws in his machine.

jmmytgal 2004-08-18 21:28:32 UTC servo recommendation for milling machine Jon Elson 2004-08-18 23:10:34 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] servo recommendation for milling machine