CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Builders remorse?

on 2004-08-20 10:20:05 UTC
Hi Archie,

More support available on SherlineCNC, Having CNC'd a Sherline mill and
lathe, I've got it bad as well!

Alan KM6VV

archie5594 wrote:

> Hello All,
>
> I've been lurking around the group for a while; picking up nuggets of
> CNC wisdom. I have a small Grizzly 7x20 lathe and a Sherline mill.
> I've just finished converting my Sherline to CNC and have run right
> into a brick wall. I've been so busy converting the mill, that I've
> forgot what I bought the mill for in the first place! Originally, I
> got the lathe because I had built a Lego-bot and decided I needed
> more accurate axles. But as soon as I got the lathe I got distracted
> with tooling. Then I realized I should really have a small mill to
> help with some of the tooling and jigs I wanted. Now I've finished
> my CNC (quite a rush when your first part comes out right!), and feel
> like the wolf that got so busy running, that he forgot he was chasing
> Bugs Bunny.
>
> Whew! These things are addictive. Maybe I should start a support
> group, Tool Collectors Anonymous.
>
> Oh yeah, the axles have yet to be made still!
>
> -Archie

Discussion Thread

archie5594 2004-08-19 21:47:46 UTC Builders remorse? Lance Hopper 2004-08-20 05:47:59 UTC Re: Builders remorse? Alan Marconett 2004-08-20 10:20:05 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Builders remorse?