CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Builders remorse?

Posted by Lance Hopper
on 2004-08-20 05:47:59 UTC
Hey,
It's not remorse, it's the challenge that drives you. When you
complete the project, there is no more challenge and the fun is
over. Try making keychains or some other various trinket (sp?) to
sell on Ebay. RC car parts get high $, if you know what people are
looking for etc...

Use your knowledge to help others at sites like this. Better yet,
retrofit your lathe for CNC with threading, programmable variable
speed spindle, and build your own tool turret/changer. You do have a
lathe and a mill, you CAN make just about anything. Congrats on
completing the the project. Good luck.

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "archie5594"
<joseph.a1.jones@l...> wrote:
> Hello All,
>
> I've been lurking around the group for a while; picking up nuggets
of
> CNC wisdom. I have a small Grizzly 7x20 lathe and a Sherline
mill.
> I've just finished converting my Sherline to CNC and have run right
> into a brick wall. I've been so busy converting the mill, that
I've
> forgot what I bought the mill for in the first place! Originally,
> got the lathe because I had built a Lego-bot and decided I needed
> more accurate axles. But as soon as I got the lathe I got
distracted
> with tooling. Then I realized I should really have a small mill to
> help with some of the tooling and jigs I wanted. Now I've finished
> my CNC (quite a rush when your first part comes out right!), and
feel
> like the wolf that got so busy running, that he forgot he was
chasing
> Bugs Bunny.
>
> Whew! These things are addictive. Maybe I should start a support
> group, Tool Collectors Anonymous.
>
> Oh yeah, the axles have yet to be made still!
>
> -Archie

Discussion Thread

archie5594 2004-08-19 21:47:46 UTC Builders remorse? Lance Hopper 2004-08-20 05:47:59 UTC Re: Builders remorse? Alan Marconett 2004-08-20 10:20:05 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Builders remorse?