CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Subject: Manual Vs CNC Was Re: Names

Posted by Bill
on 2000-05-04 16:28:10 UTC
>For example, Drilling and Tapping a single hole. I guarantee that I can do
>this faster on my Bridgeport than on any CNC machine.

I am wondering if this is the type of work the hecklers were thinking of
when they were talking about CNCing one off parts, I kind of doubt it.

I work in a very small shop (one full sized commercial cnc machine and
several table top retrofits) where we do mostly one offs and very small
prototype runs of parts. If anyone is interested, you can see some samples
of the types of parts I machine at:
http://www.grifftek.com/images/misc/sample_parts/smp.html

Bill Griffin
www.grifftek.com/links.htm

Discussion Thread

Bill 2000-05-04 16:28:10 UTC Subject: Manual Vs CNC Was Re: Names