CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Cranks

on 2000-05-04 16:32:50 UTC
Eric writes:

>I see the real machinists using
>CNC more than non cnc maybe because it is new, but also because it is really
>easy.

Last year I was out in California working on a project for a foundation
who's primary product is publicity. One of the PR people was taking
pictures of me making a part on a Bridgeport. I said that surely she had
something better to take a picture of than someone turning cranks on a
mill, but no, this in now quaint and artisinal, that most real machining
takes place now by pushing buttons outside of a closed box.

As for me, I am in the process of getting a CNC mill, but I was told in no
uncertain terms that I should keep my manual mill as well, rather than do a
retrofit, because I was going to need it.

David M. Munro

Discussion Thread

Eric Keller 2000-05-04 13:31:13 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: (calling each other) Names David M. Munro 2000-05-04 16:32:50 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Cranks