CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] vector-cam?

Posted by Dan Falck
on 2000-05-04 20:18:08 UTC
On Thu, 04 May 2000, you wrote:
> Does anyone have any experience with Centriforce VECTORCad cad-cam
> software? How's it work?
> It was shown at the names show, looks pretty nice... integreated parametric
> cad and cam with g-code, etc. output for mills and lathes...
>
> Jim Fackert

Jim,
I use Vector CAD/CAM and really like it. At first, it was hard for me to get
used to, since I have been using Autocad . But, after using Vector for a
while, I can get around in it very well. In fact, I use it more than Autocad
2000.

Vector has contour milling, pocket milling, true type font machining,
copy/cut/paste, dxf input, etc...

Fred Smith has been very good to work with. He is one of the reasons that I
continue to upgrade. Lately, I have been calling him and bugging him about
buying the next release that has surface machining.

Thanks,
Dan

Discussion Thread

Jim Fackert 2000-05-04 19:40:56 UTC vector-cam? Dan Falck 2000-05-04 20:18:08 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] vector-cam? Tim Goldstein 2000-05-04 20:21:52 UTC RE: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] vector-cam?