CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: cleaning up a dxf file?

on 2004-09-04 19:07:50 UTC
Is the *.dxf file a rendering of a surface? If so, many programs will
simply break up the smooth curves into a bunch of very tiny
straight-line segments. Very often, these segments don't meet at the
endpoints since the math involved doesn't place the endpoints where they
should theoretically be. If this be the case, try to convert the surface
moves into line segments before exporting as a DXF file. HTH

RayHex

testfly@... wrote:

> I have a problem I am not able to work through.
> I am using Turobocad pro V10 and I have a DXF file I am trying to clean up.
> The problem is I can't get the lines to connect. So when I convert the file
> to G code using ACE
> I get a bunch of Z movements when it should make a cut in one simple pass.
> You would not believe the amount of time I have spent trying to figure out
> what I know shoud be
> a simple thing to do. Can someone help me out here?

Discussion Thread

testfly@a... 2004-09-04 12:42:46 UTC Re: cleaning up a dxf file? Raymond Heckert 2004-09-04 19:07:50 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: cleaning up a dxf file? Russ Waters 2004-09-04 19:23:47 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: cleaning up a dxf file? Tom Hubin 2004-09-05 23:55:40 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Re: cleaning up a dxf file?