CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Bridgeport TNC 145 compared to TNC 151/retrofit

dgsutton2000 wrote:

>Many thanks to all those who have helped me understand how to get a
>Bridgeport onto UK 240v single phase, the depth of knowledge and
>professionalisim of this site is a credit to all those who
>participate. I have one final question and if this is off topic I
>appologise beforehand and please point me in any other direction
>that could help. What advantages has a Heidenhein TNC 151 Control
>got over a 145 control? The only things I know is the 145 is limited
>to 1000 blocks, has no rotation canned cycle, can't be programmed
>whilst another program is running and can only hold one program.

Assuming these are the only differences, I think the 1000 bolcks is the main
problem, unless you can drip-feed it from a PC. I run plenty of programs
over 1000 blocks. I don;t know what the "rotation canned cycle" is, are
you talking about spindle orientation?

I generally don't try to do any programming while the machine is cutting
parts, because I lose attention to the machining in progress. I am
generally
watching the progress, removing chips and making sure oil or coolant is
applied properly. I do have the capability with EMC, and have done it at
times, but things seem to go wrong when I'm not right on top of what is
being cut. I don't do one hour+ mold cavities, though, usually just cut for
a couple minutes and change the part.

Only holding one program is no big deal, as long as you can download
programs from a PC.

dgsutton2000 2004-09-09 03:31:46 UTC Bridgeport TNC 145 compared to TNC 151/retrofit Jon Elson 2004-09-09 10:33:43 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Bridgeport TNC 145 compared to TNC 151/retrofit R Rogers 2004-09-10 19:22:33 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Bridgeport TNC 145 compared to TNC 151/retrofit