CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: Motors moving so fast with Mach2 - stuck Z axis up too far

Posted by Keith Clark
on 2004-09-12 16:29:19 UTC
Jeff, you made my night! It looked possible to me but I was not
wanting to risk it without some positive input. Do you remember
which way to turn it? It looks like it should rotate
counterclockwise to lower the quill? Did you grasp through the side
window where the belt exits and grab attach the channellocks over
the belt to protect the pulley? or did you bite down on the flange
itself?

thanks
Keith

--- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "washcomp" <jeff@w...> wrote:
> Keith:
>
> Same thing happened to me a while back. I was able to get some
> leverage on the belt gear flange with a pair of "giant"
Channellock
> pliers and turn it back down. Not elegant or the right way, but
> worked for me.
>
> Jeff
>
> --- In CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO@yahoogroups.com, "Keith Clark" <mail@t...>
> wrote:
> > A bad thing happened just now... My Bridgeport with dead Boss 6
> > control) mill just retracted the quill up past the upper limit
> > switch and is stuck. I am in the process of trying to retrofit
it
> > with a new controller when I got the motors going so fast with
the
> > new Mach2 that it retracted too far before I could stop it.
> > Unfortunately I am still in the process of getting the limit
> > switches to work. All I can say is @#%^%$@&$^!
> >
> > I am afraid the ball and quill extension mechanism may be
ruined.
> > Does anyone have any advice as to how to ease it back into
working
> > order or shall I call my local repair dealer for a new
mechanism...

> > thanks
> > Keith Clark

Discussion Thread

Keith Clark 2004-09-12 15:14:14 UTC Motors moving so fast with Mach2 - stuck Z axis up too far washcomp 2004-09-12 15:18:51 UTC Re: Motors moving so fast with Mach2 - stuck Z axis up too far Keith Clark 2004-09-12 16:29:19 UTC Re: Motors moving so fast with Mach2 - stuck Z axis up too far Larry Van Duyn 2004-09-12 16:46:04 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] Motors moving so fast with Mach2 - stuck Z axis up too far Keith Clark 2004-09-12 16:54:10 UTC Re: Motors moving so fast with Mach2 - stuck Z axis up too far Keith Clark 2004-09-12 17:17:01 UTC Re: Motors moving so fast with Mach2 - stuck Z axis up too far