CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] The Direction Signal

Posted by Tom Hubin
on 2004-09-23 21:38:11 UTC
Kory Hamzeh wrote:

> Does the direction input signal on stepper motor drivers have a
> universal meaning in terms of what direction the motor should spin, or
> is the meaning of this signal configurable on most/all CNC software?
>
> Regards,
> Kory

Hello Kory,

I think it is arbitrary although I would happily have wired my steppers
to a standard.

I wired all of my axes the same so that they rotate in the same
direction. That way the connectors are interchangeable if I need to do
any testing by swapping stepper motors or rearranging controls.

Tom Hubin
thubin@...

Discussion Thread

Kory Hamzeh 2004-09-23 20:49:55 UTC The Direction Signal Tom Hubin 2004-09-23 21:38:11 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] The Direction Signal Alan Marconett 2004-09-24 10:01:52 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] The Direction Signal