CAD CAM EDM DRO - Yahoo Group Archive

Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] The Direction Signal

on 2004-09-24 10:01:52 UTC
Hi Kory,

I think you can rely on the software having a direction + or -
selection, as there are several ways to reverse the direction of
rotation with the motor windings. And not all manufactures color code
or wire their motors the same. I WOULD wire all my motors with the same
connector type, and same connections. This way, the motors are all
interchangeable, and will rotate the same way. Change the controller
program settings to accommodate left/right handed leadscrews, etc.

Alan KM6VV

Kory Hamzeh wrote:

> Does the direction input signal on stepper motor drivers have a
> universal meaning in terms of what direction the motor should spin, or
> is the meaning of this signal configurable on most/all CNC software?
>
> Regards,
> Kory

Discussion Thread

Kory Hamzeh 2004-09-23 20:49:55 UTC The Direction Signal Tom Hubin 2004-09-23 21:38:11 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] The Direction Signal Alan Marconett 2004-09-24 10:01:52 UTC Re: [CAD_CAM_EDM_DRO] The Direction Signal